MILITARY VOTES
2010-10-14 16:50:55 UTC
This story has been flying along at fairly low level for a while. It would
seem that a lot of our man and women serving in our military oversees are
not getting their absentee ballots for the midterm elections. The latest
story is about Illinois ... our Ruler's home state. We learn today that not
all of the 110 jurisdictions in Illinois have complied with the 2009
Military and Overseas Voter Enforcement Act that requires that all absentee
ballots to overseas troop be mailed 45 days prior to the election. Now just
how difficult would that be? Well, difficult enough, apparently, that the
violations are so obvious that even Eric Holder's Justice Department is
investigating.

Missing overseas ballots from Illinois servicemen is a particular problem
because of the very close race for Obama's Senate seat between Republican
Mark Kirk and Democrat Alexi Giannoulias. There's also a thin edge for the
GOP candidate for governor. The military ballot could - our could have been
the deciding factor in these elections.

Every time I've seen this story reported there has been one glaring
omission. Nobody seems to remember what happened in 2000. When you consider
the actions of the Gore campaign and the Democrat National Committee during
the Florida recount debacle you really have to wonder if the lack of
compliance in 2010 is purely coincidental. Get in your way-back machine and
you will remember that the Democrats sent dozens ... perhaps more than a
hundred ... volunteer lawyers to Florida. These lawyers had one primary
instruction. They were to fan out into the various Florida voting districts
where recounts were being held, and they were to to everything they could to
make sure military ballots weren't counted. Democrats knew that military
voters trend Republican ... and they were determined to prevent as many of
these votes counting as possible.

Consider the possibility that some local Democrat operatives are trying to
pull the same thing in 2010. Just sayin'.
Wayne
2010-10-14 17:20:17 UTC
Post by
[...]
-
Heh heh...the old AlGore trick pulled in Florida....just ignore those
military absentee ballots.
JSM
2010-10-14 19:51:02 UTC
"Your" rulers home state is called Kenya.