Libs still whining about the right to vote
Neal Boortz
2012-05-31 18:00:00 UTC
Somebody needs to inform our attorney general that there is no
constitutional right to vote in a presidential election. Really … this
isn’t hard. All Eric Holder needs to do is read the Supreme Court’s
decision in Bush v. Gore (2000). There the Supreme Court plainly states
that there is no Constitutional right to vote in a presidential election.
There’s no grey area there … the right does NOT exist. Period. You
would think that the chief lawyer of the U.S. government would understand
that. But apparently not, if it doesn’t fit into his political views.

In a speech yesterday to the Council of Black Churches, Eric Holder says
that the “sacred” right to vote is under assault in America. He asked
black churches to be an ally of the Justice Department, pushing back
against oppressive voter ID laws.

Then we have Democrat Rep. G.K. Butterfield from North Carolina. He also
gave a speech yesterday where he suggested that the Citizens United
Supreme Court case is part of a “right-wing conspiracy” to restore some
form of Jim Crow laws in America. He says, “There is a right-wing
conspiracy that is alive and well in this country that is trying to take
us back to 1900 and even before … They are coming in very discrete ways.
Citizens United case for example, that now allows corporations to give
unlimited amounts of money, anonymous unlimited amounts of money in
support or opposition to political candidates and it's working.” It’s
odd that Butterfield doesn’t seem to have a problem with unions giving
unlimited amounts of money to support Democrat candidates, including
Obama. Apparently it’s only bad when businessmen and investors pool
their resources to donate --- not so much when workers do that.

If Barack Obama loses in November, you will most assuredly hear the cries
of racism from the same panic-stricken Obama sycophants who are currently
claiming that voter ID laws are purposefully disenfranchising black
Americans. Rational discussion of Mitt Romney will be set aside because
he didn’t rightfully win the presidency, thanks to the right-wing
conspiracy!
Nonesuch
2012-11-07 19:00:31 UTC
Post by Neal Boortz
[...]
Correct me if I err, but I thought in common law that accepted practices
become law automatically.