How did the electronic machines work
john knoderer
2004-11-03 19:46:12 UTC
The story about the woman who tried to vote for Kerry six times, and each
time, the summary screen ended up saying Bush each time she changed her vote
http://start.earthlink.net/newsarticle?cat=2&aid=1103104542_5311_lead_story

makes me wonder:

Why doesn't the screen IMMEDIATELY tell you who it detected that you voted
for, rather than waiting until after you have voted for everyone? Or maybe
some machines do, and some machines don't?

And why should the manufacturer create a system that can make mistakes like
that when the screen gets dirty, or require that a pencil be used instead of
a finger?

I look forward to the day that all voting machines have paper backup,
because I am enough of a programmer to know how easy it is to divert some of
the votes by storing a different vote a certain fraction of the time.
(Remember the programmers years ago who manipulated bank computers to
transfer a fraction of a cent (the fraction part of interest earned) from
every account every quarter, and weren't caught for years because management
didn't suspect a thing?

I am going to wonder, for ages, if the touch screen industry is somehow
involved in this victory.

My ideal scenario for our government is one in which one party can't get
everything that they want. I belive that we have made our best progress when
the President is a different party from either the house and/or the senate.
Right now, we're looking at a government that is overwhelmingly Republican,
House, Senate, White House, and Supreme Court.

Now, we're looking at the possibility that the Supreme Court might become so
lopsided that only one point of view will ever come through again?
--
John
webmaster
www.GodLovesEveryone.org
Soxaholic
www.GodLovesEveryone.org
IcuQQ
2004-11-03 21:24:10 UTC
Post by john knoderer
The story about the woman who tried to vote for Kerry six times, and each
time, the summary screen ended up saying Bush each time she changed her vote
She was using the wrong finger.
If she wanted to vote for Kerry, she should have been using the middle finger.
Just Wondering
She would of needed to take it out of her ass First.
m***@gmail.com
2012-08-16 19:24:22 UTC
اجهزة كهربائية منزلية متنوعة استوك من هولندا و تليفزيونات مجموعة ماركات عالمية باسعار تنافسية جدا - صفقة لكبار تجار الاجهزة الكهربائية
01129031513
ايناس النجار
***@gmail.com
القاهرة - مصر