Deputy Leader of the New Zealand National Party Bill English attacks Obama
c***@hotmail.com
2008-11-06 10:16:39 UTC
http://www.stuff.co.nz/vote08/4749946a28435.html and
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24606022-663,00.html

Deputy Leader of the New Zealand National Party Bill English attacks
Obama
Tuesday, 04 November 2008

BILL ENGLISH: 'I'm a bit worried about this whole Obama and Europe
thing, just because there's a limited effectiveness in being
moralistic about international relations and Europe has turned out to
be particularly ineffective even in its own backyard.'
Another secretly taped conversation with National's deputy leader has
surfaced, recording Bill English expressing concerns about
"moralistic" views expressed by US presidential candidate Barak Obama.
He is heard on tonight's tape saying: "I'm a bit worried about this
whole Obama and Europe thing, just because there's a limited
effectiveness in being moralistic about international relations and
Europe has turned out to be particularly ineffective even in its own
backyard.
"And the US can argue over-do it (sic) and Bush should have put a
different window dressing - there still needs someone willing to pull
the trigger."
Mr Obama has said he will pull troops out of the Iraq war, and opinion
polls show he is likely to win the presidential election on Thursday
(NZT).
National Party leader John Key said he was not concerned about Mr
English's comments.
Prime Minister Helen Clark said his comments showed National would
have sent troops to Iraq.
"What it tells us is how militaristic the National Party is," she
said.
"If there's a war going they want to be part of it."
Miss Clark said the comments were "particularly unfortunate" and could
have implications in Washington if Mr Obama was elected president.
- NZPA
Peter Terry
2008-11-06 10:37:48 UTC
Post by c***@hotmail.com
http://www.stuff.co.nz/vote08/4749946a28435.html and
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24606022-663,00.html
Deputy Leader of the New Zealand National Party Bill English attacks
Obama
Tuesday, 04 November 2008
BILL ENGLISH: 'I'm a bit worried about this whole Obama and Europe
Is this the same babbling twit who shot himself in the foot and lost the
leadership of the NZ National Party?

PeterT
c***@hotmail.com
2008-11-06 10:43:31 UTC
Post by Peter Terry
Post by c***@hotmail.com
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24606022-663,00.html
Deputy Leader of the New Zealand National Party Bill English attacks
Obama
Tuesday, 04 November 2008
 BILL ENGLISH: 'I'm a bit worried about this whole Obama and Europe
Is this the same babbling twit who shot himself in the foot and lost the
leadership of the NZ National Party?
PeterT
Yes, this would be the same Simple Simon English who has now
jeopardised New Zealand's chances of a free trade agreement with the
USA
ex_liberal_voter
2008-11-06 12:17:24 UTC
Post by c***@hotmail.com
"What it tells us is how militaristic the National Party is," she
said.
"If there's a war going they want to be part of it."
A right-wing militaristic National party. Now, where have we heard of
that before? ....
george
Afghanistan
Brian Dooley
2008-11-06 19:56:31 UTC
Post by george
Post by ex_liberal_voter
Post by c***@hotmail.com
"What it tells us is how militaristic the National Party is," she
said.
"If there's a war going they want to be part of it."
A right-wing militaristic National party. Now, where have we heard of
that before? ....
From the current governing political party that has NZ troops in
Afghanistan
At the request of the United Nations, unlike the US invasion of
Iraq which did not have UN approval.
--
Brian Dooley

Wellington New Zealand
marika
2008-11-07 00:49:36 UTC
Post by ex_liberal_voter
A right-wing militaristic National party. Now, where have we heard of
that before?
....I thought it was spam and almost deleted it without reading it, because
I knew Iyou sure didn't send this post.

Also fascinating is the fact that support was 93% for Bush at one time. I'd
have never
have guessed that, I'd have guessed maybe 80% when it was at its highest.
Were
people really that stupid back then? Or were they just so misguided that
they really
believed Bush was smart or knew anything at all about anything, back then?
Morons.
Seriously, did people REALLY trust that idiot.... ever?

mk5000

"Nous souffrons tout les jours
A quoi ca sert
Ces crimes d'illusions
Nous trompent tous"--only you, portishead